Bijapur 586 101
Tel: 91-8352-267836, 9448118204, 9448035915
Sabala is a voluntary organization dedicated to the empowerment of women and children. Sabala is active in the backward and arid district of Bijapur in South India. It provides opportunities for the women to learn skills and translate these skills into productive activities that generate income. It has been involved in the revival of the traditional Lambani and Kasuti crafts. And in bringing structural changes through community organization and awareness building.
- Giving training to artisans (SHGs women members) with the help of govt. agencies and NORAD Embassy.
- Trained nearly 620 women in different handicrafts and income generation activities.
- Networking of women engaged in different crafts.
- Design development, supply of raw materials, common facility center
- The construction of Craft Development Center - building, supported by Development Commissioner (Handicrafts).
- Provided market support for the handicrafts by participating in various exhibitions.
- Opened showroom for marketing the products.
- Participation in India International Trade Fair to secure export orders.
- Construction of Living-cum-work shed for houseless artisans.
Working Languages: English, Kannada.
Products: Specializes in Bags, pouches, purses, table mats, napkins, cushion covers, bolsters, bed sheets, wall hangings, key chain, mobile case, spectacle case dupatta, sarrong, bracelet, quilt, ethnic jewellery.
Working Languages : English, Kannada.
Specialises in Bags, pouches, purses, table mats, napkins, cushion covers, bolsters, bed sheets, wall hangings, key chain, mobile case, spectacle case dupatta, sarrong, bracelet, quilt, ethnic jewellery.
Share on Facebook